Monday 15 December 2008

shooting hoops

a DIY project.

I've been wanting some hoop earrings for a while now. My earring collection isn't huge and I've been feeling underwhelmed by the volumes offered by them when they're hanging off my lobes. Unwilling to spend money on some cheapass yet still overpriced highstreet offerings (and which unless they're silver kill my ears) I took to the box under my bed containing old and past-it jewelry, and stuff that just isn't currently in rotation around my self.

Voila: my bangle collection. Much loved but in practice rarely worn.


I picked out a pair. Then after dismantling an old pair of earrings and a little plier-work I have myself some hoops without a penny spent.


And a whole lot of life breathed back into something old. Although I would've tried the coloured bangles too, had they matched (I'm not sure I'm ready to take on mismatched earrings).

No comments: